We Want War
During the last two weeks we've been receiving strange cargoboxes that were
labeled as "fragile" and smelled like something was rotting inside.
I was doing my normal maintenance tasks in the basement of this warehouse when
someone opened one of those boxes and let the hell rise upon us...
I heard screaming and growling from the next room but I was too scared to go
and see what was happening there. Soon I realized that whatever there happened
I have to go and find out because I was trapped in here. So I took a good grip
on my crowbar.
Click the link below to load the current version of We Want War.
version 0.85 wewantwar.zip
We Want War is a freeware game. The game does not cost anything and you are
allowed to redistribute it but you are not allowed to sell it. I do not accept
any resposibility of the damages this game might cause to your system.
The source code of We Want War version 0.85 is also available. Click wewantwar_src.zip-link to download the source code.
We Want War can be found from allegro.cc as well.
How to play
We Want War uses both the keyboard and the mouse. Keyboard is used to move
the character and to change weapons. Mouse is used to aiming and shooting. Detailed
controls can be found here.
In case you want to say something to the credits of We Want War, please mail
it to Tomi Lamminsaari to address that has the form email@example.com.
Changes from version 0.80 to 0.85
- Game Over text is shown to player as he runs out of lives.
- Change weapons with mouse wheel.
- Hidden worm aliens are less dangerous.
- Sniper rifle bullets move faster.
- Menu UI fixes.
- The NORMAL and HARD difficulties of all the levels were balanced.
Changes from version 0.75 to 0.80
- Flashlight !!!
- New level: Level #6 - The workshop. A dark level where player has the flashligh.
Requires some tuning.
- New level: Level #7 - Buttkicking. The final fighting arena.
- Co-operative friendly characters.
- Level tuning for levels #4 and #5
- Enhanced weapon lighting effects.
- Enhanced explosions.
- Wrote the story for level 4,5,6 and 7.
- Music volume fixes.
- New titlesong and bossfighting musics from Aslan Abioqa.
Changes from version 0.70 to 0.75
- New alien: Boss alien
- New alien: Hidden worm
- New alien: Slime alien
- New level: Level #4 - Invasion. Still requires some tuning and story must
- New level: Level #5 - Back to School. Still requires some tuning and story
must be rewritten.
- Credits screen after the final level.
- Bodyarmor bonus item.
- Combo-bonus sound effects
- Bugfix: The enemytank's engine sound gets turned off when the tank is destroyed.
- Bugfix: Size of the loading progressbar fixed.
- Enhanced shooting flames.
- Bullet sparks when they hit walls.
- Levels can have more than one background song.
- Mines, corpses and stargate objects added.
Copyright © 2006 by Tomi Lamminsaari